Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows us to freshen up our homes and get a head start on the hectic seasons of spring and summer. The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, yet your house still feels like it's stuck with winter blues. Now is the time to deep clean the areas of your home that really need extra attention. Skip items that have recently been cleaned and focus on the parts of your home that have been neglected all winter long.
Make a schedule, set time aside in your calendar, and commit to that time. We suggest tackling only a few at a time so that the whole process is less daunting. When things are broken down into 1-2 minute chores, all of us find tasks more simple to complete. It's amazing what 15 minutes can actually accomplish.
- Deck - apply preservative sealer, clean, repair, check bolts, tighten
- House - hose down exterior
- Windows - wash & clean sills, inside & out
- Plant annuals & perennials
- HVAC - vacuum & dust
- Range hood fan - check & clean
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda and citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Plumbing - check for leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets
- Tile - seal the grout (do every 6 months)
- Fire extinguisher - place near kitchen & check charge
What areas are you planning to tackle for spring cleaning?