June is the month with the longest daylight hours, so it’s the time of year when we feel we have more time to be outside and enjoy the weather. June can be a great month to start entertaining outdoors and spending time in the yard. Below we’ve gathered some great projects to complete this month.
- Garage - remove old paints and flammables, organize for summer activities
- Fences - repair and paint
- HVAC - vacuum & dust
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda & citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Fridge - test door tightness (use a dollar bill & pull it out of fridge after closing door on it)
- Windows & doors - inspect for proper operation and any screens for repairs.
- Sump pump - be sure it is operating properly & install battery backup
- Roof - inspect for for loose, ripped, missing and or worn out shingles.
- Swap out seasonal clothes and bedding
- Turn over mattresses
- Create a summer car emergency kit: fill a container or box with bug spray, bug bite relief, sunblock, hats, and an umbrella. Keep an extra gallon of water to make sure everyone stays hydrated while on the road.
- keep your raised beds and container gardens moist
- deadhead spring blooms
- plant sun-loving herb seeds like basil, chives, thyme, and sage
Whether you are planning to sell your home, or simply want to upgrade and maintain your house, it is important to consider these things. These are the basic things many inspect in every household to ensure that the house is in top shape. These tasks will help you target the areas that need maintenance so you can get your chores done quickly, leaving you time to go outside and play in the sunshine.