Spring has arrived! For those of us who’ve been trapped inside our homes to stay out of the cold, we get to rediscover the outside world again. Winter weather can wreck your home's exterior, potentially causing an assortment of damage. Now that it's getting warmer, get outside and take a look around. After you take it all in, it’s time to get busy. Now is the perfect time to take care of some routine home maintenance to get your household organized for spring and keep it running smoothly and efficiently right through summer.
Here is this month's to do list:
- Air Conditioning - schedule service appointment
- Lawn - aerate and fertilize
- Roof - inspect the roof to find damaged, loose or missing shingles
- Gutters - clear debris
- Sprinkler system - turn on, make adjustments and repairs
- Clean and inspect your lawn mower and other power tools and equipment.
- HVAC - vacuum & dust
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda and citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Plumbing - check for leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets
You'll probably need to dedicate a couple days to complete the list, but don't look at them as chores. View them as crucial preventative measures—ones that will help you save on your utility bills and avoid big repairs later on. It could be the highest paid work you'll do this week!