Cold weather is on the way, making it the perfect time to do a little fall cleanup and maintenance around your home. From heating tune-up and fire safety to door maintenance and plumbing repair, our list of November tasks will take care of all the leaks and squeaks around your home to get you ready for the long winter ahead.
Tick these items off your list and you can rest easy knowing that your home is buttoned up and ready for winter.
- Clothes dryer - check on vents and hoses for lint
- HVAC - vacuum and dust
- Faucet aerator - clean
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda and citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Door locks - lubricate
- Range hood fan - check and clean
- Plumbing - check for leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets
- Tile - seal the grout. (Do this every 6 months)
- Fire extinguisher - place near kitchen, check charge.
While you’re enjoying the beautiful, colorful leaves and crisp air, make sure you’re also enjoying the time to prepare your house for winter now before bigger issues pop up.
Do you have your own tasks that we have missed here?