June brings sunshine, green leaves, and trips to the beach. When it gets warm, it's tempting to ditch any housework for the beach or the golf course. Hard as it may be, consider suppressing that urge for a few weekends, because some fairly easy work can improve the state of your home, give it an appearance makeover, and even save you some money. These tips can help get your home in tip-top shape and ready for the rest of the year.
- Garage - remove old paints and flammables
- Fences - repair and paint
- HVAC - vacuum & dust
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda & citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Fridge - test door tightness (use a dollar bill & pull it out of fridge after closing door on it)
- Windows & doors - inspect for proper operation and any screens for repairs.
- Sump pump - be sure it is operating properly & install battery backup
- Roof - inspect for for loose, ripped, missing and or worn out shingles.
Set aside a few hours this month for these projects, and enjoy the rest of the month! Tell us: what is on your to-do list for June?