April is a month of renewal. It’s time to dust off the outdoor furniture, tidy up and refresh decor. For those who have been trapped inside their homes to stay out of the cold, now is the time to rediscover the outside world. It’s also time to conduct some home maintenance that will help you avoid big repair bills later on. Here are some tips to get your home and garden in the spring spirit:
- Air Conditioning - schedule service appointment
- Lawn - aerate and fertilize
- Roof - inspect the roof to find damaged, loose or missing shingles
- Gutters - clear debris
- Sprinkler system - turn on, make adjustments and repairs
- Clean and inspect your lawn mower and other power tools and equipment.
- HVAC - vacuum & dust
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda and citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Plumbing - check for leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets
These quick and handy tips can help you make sure your home maintenance is up to date and prepared for the coming months.
Which home projects will you be doing this month?