With less sunlight, colder temperatures, and shorter days ahead, it’s an opportune time to cross those last-minute maintenance items off your to-do list. This month’s list focuses on some of the less obvious, but very important, indoor cleaning and repair tasks to get your home in tip-top shape for holiday guests.
From cleaning your garbage disposal and faucet aerators to fixing squeaky door hinges and sticky locks, our November to-do list covers the bases without breaking your back or budget. Most of these chores are quick and easy; and, best of all, they take few materials or tools.
- Clothes dryer - check on vents and hoses for lint
- HVAC - vacuum and dust
- Faucet aerator - clean
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda and citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Door locks - lubricate
- Range hood fan - check and clean
- Plumbing - check for leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets
- Tile - seal the grout. (Do this every 6 months)
- Fire extinguisher - place near kitchen, check charge
So set aside an afternoon in November to knock out this home maintenance to-do list, and be sure to check back in for next month's to-do list.
Do you have your own tasks that we have missed here?