Welcome to the start of a New Year, and the first full month of winter!
For many, the start of a new year calls for rejuvenation. We set new goals, we recommit to our health and for homeowners, a new year is the perfect time to turn your attention to your home, too. Taking the time to refresh your space at the start of the year will help to ensure a safe and healthy 2015 for you and your family.
This January, take a moment to take care of these home maintenance projects:
- Holiday decorations: organize, pack & put away
- Kitchen cabinets: clean & polish
- Fridge: vacuum behind & clean coils
- Stove & oven: clean
- Electric: clean circuit breakers
- Fire extinguisher: place near kitchen, check charge
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: inspect, clean and test (January is a good time to replace the batteries in all your detectors.)
- Plumbing: clean main water line shutoff valve exterior
- HVAC: vacuum & dust
- Garbage disposal: crush ice (sharpens), baking soda & citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Range hood fan: check & clean
What’s on your checklist?
We hope this home maintenance checklist helps you start off the New Year in a productive and positive way. Are there other items that should be on this list? We’d like to hear your ideas.