It's hard to believe it's already mid-August! Before we know it, the winter months and cold weather will be here. Here are some tips on home-maintenance projects we should take care of this month, as Summer leaves us and Fall and Winter soon greet us.
- Carpets - clean
- HVAC - vacuum & dust
- Garbage disposal - crush ice (sharpens), baking soda and citrus fruit rinds (freshens)
- Plumbing - check for leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets
- Doors - tighten and lube bi-fold
- Electrical - test and reset all ground fault circuit interrupter receptacles, check all extension cords
- Water heater - remove water heater residue following the manual
- Check and clean dryer vent, other exhaust vents to exterior of home
Spending a weekend or two on maintenance can prevent costly repairs and alert you to developing problems. What other home maintenance projects are you working on this month?
Check back with us each month for suggestions to keep your home in top shape.